Sunday, April 21, 2013

Benbow Weekend

Our Shasta camping adventure continued with a grilled brunch... cause we slept in...the weather was Sunny and getting warmer by the hour....



The RV park was calm...not a lot of campers, so we got to enjoy the trails and greenery...
Golfers were traveling by our back view...waving as they went by....with smiles and thumbs up on our set up....
 It was soo nice to have everything at our reach...we didn't have to buy anything, Not even Ice!





Our neighbors came by to takes pictures of us...(after seeing us take our own pictures for the first couple days...) we were Happy to have our Picture taken beyond arms length!!




After relaxing most of the day, we got Dressed to go the the Benbow Inn for Dinner...


 Drinks on the Terrace....



The Dinner was delicious, our seat was perfect with a Terrace view...the cost is above average, but worth the Rare experience of The Beautiful Benbow Inn!

After Dinner, we walked back to the Shasta, covered the outdoor furniture and watched Sherlock Holmes with Desert...



 A Doggy Owners Reminder....















All hitched and Ret-To-Go...
Stopped at Burlington Park for lunch...

















Drove along the Avenue of the Giants....

And now we are home!

All in all...it was a Great First trip in our new Retro Shasta camper Trailer....It towed and ran perfectly....
The RV park at the Benbow was Great! Trails and paths to the river sides, and a Golf-cart Jont could be fun around the grounds! This time of year is warmer- as it is a little South...The kids are still in School and the rates for our stay with Full hook ups was less than $40 a day...
The park is vacant enough to avoid lots of people noise, the Freeway is far enough to not be annoying and the Inn is a short walk away. It's worth going for a drive though RV or a short weekend away in your Camper of choice....
I Rate this weekend and location a **** star. The rates go up in May, so make your plans before then!

We are planing more trips and will post as we go~!
And that's How I Love my Retro Shasta!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!!! I love Armchair Travel, I had a good vacation time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellen!
    I do the same thing when I watch the Travel shows...It can go across the world and never have to book a flight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there
    Loved all the pictures!!! I love your Vintage Shasta. I love the way you dress!! We are going on our first ever camping trip the first week of May, only 2 days though. Its still Chilly here in CT.
    I love your decor in your Shasta. How did you get the chairs and table there? did you fit them in your Shasta? Love them. Love the red
    have a great day. I look forward to seeing more of your Shasta and your camping trips. Can you give up a tour of the Shasta with pictures? What is the length? ours is 19ft. But its a Class C so that doesn't include the seats in front to drive in. Ours is super tiny but I love it
    happy day to you
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deezie,
    Thanks for checking out the blog!In my first post, I gave some info on my Life and Love of Vintage...with Pictures and links...check it out!
    http://retroshasta.blogspot.com/2013/04/okay.html
    I also have pictures on Flickr with more details.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/retrochi/sets/72157633250908072/
    I'll post pictures of how I keep the chairs in while traveling....

    That is so great you'll be taking your Camper out for a trip...It's fun to play house away from the house! I love that we take our room with us!
    As for the Chair set, we got them at K-Mart(on line)
    http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_028W026735480001P?mv=rr

    The length of our Shasta is 17'4". It's small, but has a bathroom/shower, forced air heating, microwave, LCD TV with DVD player...and all the other Nifty things I can pack into Her!
    I'll be posting some pictures of the StarBurst I'll be adding to the sides....
    Have a great Week! Cheerios for now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went and checked out the pictures on Flicker, wow is all I can say. I am amazed by the beautiful pictures. You will have so much fun in your New Vintage Shasta
    thanks for the wonderful reply
    deezie

    ReplyDelete