Sunday, April 14, 2013

Before the Shasta

Okay...So, In the beginning, there was darkness...then there was light....
Okay, Okay...Let's speed this up a Smidge...No point in dwelling in the Past!!!

12 years ago, I met the man I would Marry...10 years ago in May of this year, I will have beaten my own record for enduring what I thought previously impossible! Being my own person for sooo long, Marriage was my biggest challenge!


So...without going through my life, I'll just say, I've loved and Lived a Vintage lifestyle for years now. I own and run a number of creative outlets, my Vintage Boutique, mostly, sense 1991. I drove a 1956 Mercury for 16 years, and although I have let her go, I miss her.
When Stephen and I got Married, we looked for a Vintage house...Looked and looked...
And although there were a lot of Great vintage houses, most were remodeled-taking out what I loved the most...The Vintage charm.
We decided on a New house...and My Hubby said I could make it what ever I wanted...So we did...
It went from Plain to Wow in the 10 years...and I'm still lovin' the Retro nesting!

Now...the Purpose for this Blog...
My Hubby Loves to Camp...we do, sometimes...he does more...
After camping in small tents to KOA cabins...I'd have to say...I'm the Princess and the Pea Pod...I have a thing with smells and snoring...Ya'll know what I'm talking about........!!!
In Feb, of this year, Stephen and I were talking about camping....I showed him some small Vintage campers on the FB Favorites...and we fell in love...with Soo many...our Mission was clear! We looked at dealers, Craigslist and Classified for 19ft max Vintage trailers...It was soo exciting!! We had a budget, size and Style in mind...soo many options...
After just a few days...I had made a list to check out....on of the trailers was a newer 2009 Shasta Airflyte 12 in white and Tangerine. Even though we contacted a few about authentic Vintage cuties, I said, I'd be into this one....being the Retro Shasta. Now...Just so you know...I love and prefer Vintage....the look and charm can Not be beat...But I know the Hubby would like something newer (fear of the Breakdown factor) so, the Retro Shasta was our best bet. It took a few weeks of emails and calls...the Shasta was over 10 hours away, we were all excited to get our new Baby!
We drove down south to Bakersfield to get it. Only seeing the Shasta on line, we adopted our new addition, and with a ton of help from a Super Nice man named Ramone, we set off home to Eureka. We used the easy-lift tow kit, it towed smooth and we got looks the whole trip back. We stopped at our first trailer park halfway home...and we were the smallest trailer, but the cutest! We are now RVers!


We got home safe and sound...I started decorating and we made plans for camping and a new paint job! (My Hubby is a CPA, so the camping comes after this week) We wanted to make the Shasta more our own by getting it to match the truck...It took over two weeks to get the Shasta painted, (Don't get me started on the Bro's that did it)...But we love our Retro Bling Shasta, and we are getting ready for our first trip out of town for 4 days...

So...with all that....I'm going to share locations, pictures of us having a Camping good time, all things nifty and goofy on our travels!

Cheerios for now...






4 comments:

  1. Hi there
    Love that you painted your Vintage Shasta to match your Truck. Love the colors. Love it all
    happy camping
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paint also! So much I might have to do mine similar!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool car! How could you let that go? !!! We own a restoration shop and restore mustangs. Hubby finally bought me my dream car, a 56 ford stationwagon. Its originally pink. I can't wait till hes done so I can drive it

    ReplyDelete